For those who believe in dreams and for those who take action instead of just dreaming. And for those who work in the advertising industry and Cannes Lions Festival is on their wishlist.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Before reading my article, I invite you to spend less than two minutes and meet some of the ah-mazing confirmed speakers that will rock the scene this year. See the full and newly released programme H E R E.
5 WAYS TO ATTEND THE FESTIVAL
Here, in MyAdsBag, are some ways that may help you make a plan for meeting the Lions.
1. DISCOUNTED PASS: STUDENTS & UNDER 30
If you are a student you might say… “okay, thanks. I can’t afford”. Buuuut, it’s the right time to get an extra job and invest in yourself. Be a promoter, a cashier, whatever brings you some money and invest in your long-term education and networking. By being an open-minded person and adopting a long-term healthy thinking, you will see how easily it will be later on to stand out of the crowd. The cost for a student pass is €815; with this pass, you can enter anywhere.
If you are not a student anymore and you are an under 30 hard working employee, just start making some savings* and invest in yourself. The €1795 pass allows you to attend the FULL festival. If not “savings” it’s the right word, there are tones of freelance jobs just around the corner.
- advantages: easy and secure
- disadvantage: as mentioned, money.
*P.S. the spendee app will help you monitor what you spend, it will offer you a monthly status that helps you balance the expenses. and it’s free as air;)
2. APPLY FOR VOLUNTEERING
This sounds super fun and exciting! Enjoy for free the festival’s vibe, get connections and new friends. Contact your local representative and see how you can help in the organization. Here is the full list of representatives: canneslions.com/festival-representatives
- advantage: you don’t have to pay the entrance; you can enter in the conference rooms, learning and doing your job at the same time.
- disadvantage: we all know that the concept “work&travel” always implies much work that travels, but it’s still good. I don’t see any big disadvantage.
3. FOR YOUNG LIONS: YOUNG LIONS COMPETITIONS
What you have to do is to get in touch with your local representative and see how you can get involved. They support local agencies and clients, working together to give them the best chance at the Festival and hosting events and awards shows throughout the year. Some of them, like Romania’s rep. Teodora Migdalovici, use to organize creative schools aimed to prepare teams for the Young Lions competitions. This is the way I succeeded to attend in 2015 and I am so grateful for that. Check out more about the Young Lions competition here: thealternativeschool.com/blog/
- advantage: if your team is nominated you’ll have the chance to enter the young lions’ competition and get the pass for free.
- disadvantage: the school is highly competitive.
4. FOR JOURNALISTS: PRESS PASS
Press accreditations will close on May 31. Details about how to sign up here.
- advantages: the press room offers you whatever you need to write your articles, make interviews. some speakers have Q&A sessions in the press room so that you may have the chance to talk directly with them. you can have dozens of article on various subjects in a just one-week festival.
- disadvantage: with a press/blogger pass you cannot attend some private beaches like the Facebook one. but you have much more to discover and write about!
And, of course, there are many more luxury possibilities for the ones who can afford. I haven’t dug into this so much, but if you want exclusive upgrades including the first pick of the city’s premier hotel rooms, access to VIP areas inside the festival venue and at official parties, line-skip, luxury transfers, concierge services and much more, you can explore their selection of upgrade options.
5. FOR AD EMPLOYEES: HAVE THAT IDEA…!
We all know that it’s hard to have that idea that which sends you directly to the festival. Even when you have it and it’s implemented, your boss may say that the company’s budgets are in a big s**t this year, that the network stopped all the training budgets, that there are many other opportunities for you. But what happens when we see lots of barriers? We’ll never move further.
Keep your motivation high and work hard this year so you may have the chance to enter your work for the next year’s festival!
About Cannes Lions Festival
Cannes Lions is an amazing and inspiring experience that always delivers incredible ROI thanks to its unbeatable networking opportunities, world-class speakers, and red-carpet awards shows. More about the festival here: canneslions.com
Bon, à bientôt 🙂